Spiced Hot Chocolate Cookies
November 28, 2017
Recently, I have found myself falling in love with all things chocolate and all things spice. Before you make any assumptions, no, I am not a basic bitch and there will be no pumpkin spice on this post. What this post will feature is dark chocolate cookies with hints of cinnamon, and a special ~kick~ from cayenne pepper. This recipe is inspired by the countless childhood memories of Netflix and Chill nights with my cup of hot chocolate. Although I would usually wait for my cookies to cool before indulging, enjoying these fresh out of the oven really brings me back to my happy place. I hope it brings you to yours as well.
With the fall season coming to an end, I just want to remind everyone to take care of yourselves. Make sure to stay hydrated, stay warm, and most importantly, stay happy. Enjoy the holiday season and stay tuned for more.
- 115g of butter, softened
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups of All Purpose Flour, sifted
- 1/4 cup of cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 tsp. baking soda, sifted
- 1 tbsp. of ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. of cayenne pepper*
- Pinch of salt
- Cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy
- Mix in the egg and vanilla
- Mix in the sifted dry ingredients until just incorporated
- Roll dough into balls and place on a parchment lined baking sheet
- Bake in a 325F/160C oven for approximately 14 minutes, rotating the sheet pan at 7 minutes.
*I think most people will find 1/2 tsp enough, but I prefer a full tsp for the extra kick. I would not advise exceeding 1 tsp!